Leaders of North Yorkshire’s response to the Coronavirus pandemic will give an update on the work they are doing, and take questions from residents and businesses, in a live broadcast at 1.00 pm tomorrow, Tuesday 5 May.
Watch live on YouTube: https://youtu.be/lrwPbcHu8YY
North Yorkshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Julia Mulligan will lead the live update and will be joined by:
- Chief Constable Lisa Winward – North Yorkshire Police
- Chief Fire Officer Andrew Brodie – North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service
You are invited to watch the meeting from 1.00pm on Tuesday on YouTube and submit questions in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, posting on Twitter using the hashtag #NYscrutiny or commenting on Facebook. Not all questions will be able to be used, but they will inform the Commissioner’s questioning and the general discussion.
Julia Mulligan has decided in these uncertain times that there should be a regular update on the Coronavirus response direct to residents and businesses, and this is the forth of those broadcasts.
Previous meetings can be viewed here: https://www.northyorkshire-pfcc.gov.uk/coronavirus/cvupdate/
Questions answered at the last meeting included:
- How are North Yorkshire Police policing ‘essential travel’?
- Why can you go out on a pushbike for exercise but you can’t go out for a ride on a motorcycle?
- Can I travel to my allotment?
- Can I travel to self isolate in East Devon?
- Our neighbours seem to think the rules don’t apply to them, often have visitors and regularly as a family go away for the day in the car, what can I do?
These updates replace the regular public accountability meetings which are an opportunity to ensure the police and fire service are performing as well as possible to keep North Yorkshire safe and feeling safe.
Find out more about the meeting and watch live at https://bit.ly/cv5may
- Police – operational response update
- Fire – operational response update
- Police hot topic – Organised crime during lockdown
- Fire hot topic – Protecting vulnerable people
- Any other business