Resources & Services
There is a lot more to our library than just books… though books are obviously very important!
Please visit us to find out what services we can offer you, or look through the list below.
- Internet access at our three public access computers and free Wi-Fi. Printouts can also be made (a fee applies for printing). Library members can use our computers for free for half an hour per day. Each subsequent half hour is £1.50. For non-library members, each half hour session is £2.50. Concessions* have free access for one hour per day and each subsequent half hour is £1.00. Subscriptions for computer usage are available. Details in our library.
- E-books available in our library or can be downloaded at www.northyorks.gov.uk/libraries
- Online Resources, including com, Newsstande-magazines and Oxford Online
- DVDs, CDs and Audio books are available for a small hire charge (or take out an annual media subscription for £35 one-off cost and borrow sound and vision items all year round whenever you like)
- Wellbeing Bags can be borrowed or reserved free of charge is one is not available at our library. Wellbeing bags are portable collection of items, books and activities for individuals and groups to share at home, in the library, or out in the community. The bags and their contents aim to promote and encourage people to practise self care and enhance mental wellbeing.
- Local studies
- Large-print books
- Home library and information servicefor people who cannot access library services in person
- Information on local groups and societies
*Concessions are as follows: 18 years and under in full time education; jobseekers in receipt of JSA or ESA; those whose use of PCs is severely restricted by a physical or cognitive difficulty.
Regular Library Events
- Children’s storytime. A free reading session for little ones is held in the library every Wednesday, hosted by one of our lovely volunteer readers, with fun, colourful floor cushions for children to sit and listen on. Pop in to the library at 10.30 am with your child/children to join the fun for this half hour session.
- Reading groups. Reading groups can order/reserve several copies of the book they are reading at our library, avoiding buying books and saving money. We do not currently have reading groups meeting at our Community Hub, though groups can hire our meeting room as a venue. It is a comfortable place to meet, and refreshments can be provided.
- Author events
- Computer courses
- Homework clubs
- Drop-in advice sessions: Citizen’s Advice; Travel; Credit Union; British Red Cross mobility aids
- If you are not a member, you can join up (for free) on your first visit and be issued with your library card immediately upon registration so that you can start borrowing as soon as possible
- Up to 20 items can be borrowed at any time and returned to any North Yorks library
- Items can be renewed or requested in our library*; online at www.northyorks.gov.uk/libraries; by phoning us; or by visiting any North Yorks library. Or use the North Yorks 24 hour telephone service on: 01609 532774 (have your library card and PIN ready and then follow the instructions. If you don’t have a PIN we can supply one during our opening hours)
- Late return of items may incur charges
- Items can be requested from other libraries if we do not have that item in our library
- IT subscriptions are available
*Reservation charges may apply to requested books. Ask in our library for more information
Our Opening Hours
|Monday||10 am – 6 pm||10 am – 5 pm|
|Tuesday||10 am – 4 pm||10 am – 4 pm|
|Wednesday||10 am – 4 pm||10 am – 4 pm|
|Thursday||10 am – 4 pm||10 am – 4 pm|
|Friday||10 am – 4 pm||10 am – 4 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 1 pm||10 am – 1 pm|
|Sunday||10 am – 1 pm||CLOSED|
Use our contact form here (link to contact page needed) to get in touch and to find out more, or drop in and visit us.