COVID-19 Community Support
Nidderdale Community Support Organisation (CSO)
- Worked with communities to set up 13 volunteer networks across our area. We have supported each area so that is has safe volunteer recruitment practice, and can keep their volunteers safe as they carry out vital work in supporting those who are self isolating. We are also providing materials to support safe volunteering to each network. Contact us to find out how to get in touch with the volunteer coordinator in your area: 01423 714953.
- Launched and now run a prescription delivery service across the area, working closely with the Nidderdale Group Practice surgeries in Pateley Bridge, Dacre and Birstwith. We also work with Beverley Park Outdoor Centre who deliver the prescriptions using DBS-checked volunteers using a safe procedure. Contact us on 01423 714953 if you would like your prescription delivering—including repeat prescriptions.
- Launched and now run a home library book delivery service and jigsaw delivery service, using our community car and our own volunteer drivers. During extended lockdown, we hope that we can provide this as an important way for people to maintain their wellbeing at this difficult time. Contact us on 01423 714953 and we can talk you through how to select from books in our library—or sign up on line to access digital resources.
- Produced and will continue to produce helpful resources that keep residents informed about what services there are are for them locally throughout the crisis. We keep these documents up to date as the situation changes. Check out the Nidderdale Covid-19 Data Hub below to see what local services are still running.
- We will continue to innovate as time goes on, so please do get in touch if you have ideas about services that you would like to see in action in our area.
Nidderdale Covid-19 Data Hub
Click on the PDFs below to access resources and information about services that are available in Nidderdale and Washburn during the current crisis.