Are you worried about winter, concerned about your energy bills or in fuel debt?
Is there damp or mould in your home? Are you anxious about falling ill from being cold?
Warm & Well North Yorkshire can help.
Warm & Well in North Yorkshire raises awareness of the impact of cold homes on our health and wellbeing, offers practical solutions to reduce fuel poverty, and supports people and communities to stay warm and well in winter.
If you’d like to find out more about how Warm & Well in North Yorkshire can help people living in the county, then this new film is a great place to start.
This Autumn, Warm& Well are encouraging as many people as possible to get winter-ready by saving money, keeping warm and staying healthy.
Switch your energy supplier – last year Warm & Well in North Yorkshire helped people save on average £213 by switching their tariff or energy supplier.
Could you be eligible for a Warm Homes Discount? Last year people who applied for a Warm Homes Discount through Warm & Well in North Yorkshire saved £140 on average.
Service your boiler and get an Energy Efficiency Assessment of your home.
Who is eligible for help?
The project aims to support:
- People on low incomes or benefits
- Over 65s
- Families with young children
- Anyone with physical or mental health issues
Support for individuals
Warm & Well in North Yorkshire offers advice, guidance and hands-on support to residents across the county. This might include:
- Advice on how to save money on energy costs, switching suppliers, grants and priority service
- Home visits to advise on how to make your home warmer and more energy efficient, or for help with minor repairs
- Access to a Hardship Fund for those in urgent need
Find out how Warm & Well in North Yorkshire helped one North Yorkshire couple get a new boiler and switch supplier here.