We now have rapid lateral flow test kits in stock at Nidd Plus. They are free of charge and each box contains 7 tests. Do drop by during our opening hours to pick up a box if you need to do a rapid test and have no COVID symptoms.
Who this service is for
You can only use this service if:
- you do not have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’re 11 or older
- you have not been told to self-isolate
- you cannot get tests from your work, school, college or university (ask them for rapid lateral flow tests)
Ordering for someone else
Anyone in your household can use the tests. You do not need to order one pack for each person. If you’re ordering for another household, for example a relative in your bubble, you should:
- do it separately from your household order
- use their details, including their email address if they have one
Getting tested for travel
You cannot use this service to book tests for travel. Find out what you need to do to:
If a test result is positive
If you or anyone in your household tests positive:
- Everyone in the household must self-isolate immediately.
- The person who tests positive must get a PCR test to confirm the result (a PCR test is a different type of COVID-19 test).
How rapid lateral flow tests work
Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms. Rapid lateral flow tests help to find cases in people who may have no symptoms but are still infectious and can give the virus to others.
The test usually involves taking a sample from your tonsils (or where they would have been) and from your nose, using a swab. You can get a result in 30 minutes.